The position of Brewery Production is an open posting
We are always looking for the right folks to join our team. As we continue to ramp up production we anticipate adding on more people to the brewery, cellar, and packaging teams. This posting is a catch-all for those categories and is liable to change as we grow. Feel free to apply and if we are interested in your resume we’ll let you know.
Brewery Production Job Responsibilities & Duties
Include but aren’t limited to the following:
- by CIP & by hand, with water, cleaning chemicals, and/or elbow grease everything in the brewery including equipment, surfaces, kegs, beer lines, everything.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and attractive environment for guests, tours, dignitaries, etc…
- Brewhouse & Cellar Operations
- All aspects of the brew house during a production day
- Transfering wort/beer around the brewery in a sanitary, efficient, and loving manner
- Monitor, adjust, and predict cellar operations
- Filter & package beer including all routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Raw ingredient handling, transporting, process, package, testing, & measuring
- Handle yeast including harvesting, testing, storing, and pitching
- Open up / Start up and shut down / lock down the brewery & building
- Facility operation & general maintenance, including boiler & water processes
- Taproom maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting on lines, taps, and tanks
- Minor maintenance & repair of equipment & facility to ensure safe and efficient operations
- Stacks and stacks of paperwork including logs, reports, inventories, & production sheets
- Inventory monitoring and ordering (e.g. beer, raw materials, chemicals, gases, etc…)
- Sales & Distribution & other off-site work
- Account visits with or without sales & distribution support personnel
- Deliveries of beer, merch, or anything else that the brewery needs to get out the door
- On & Off site work at festivals, tastings, private events, and the like
- Participate in continuing education, including Guild affiliations
- Finally, it will be your ongoing duty to represent the brand well, to passionately contribute to our success, and to continually seek to improve our products, our brand, and our company.
Brewery Production Skills & Qualifications
The Brewery Production team reports to the Head Brewer. As a brewer, you are expected to have a high level of mechanical aptitude, must be morning person, and must be willing to tolerate my musical choices (similar tastes in music are appreciated).
- Minimum high school diploma required, brewing education and prior experience highly preferred
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to physically execute the daily requirements of brewing including the ability to lift up to 100 pounds, to twist, turn, and to reach above your shoulders, and to work in standing, walking, or climbing positions at a steady pace.
- Must be willing and able to follow procedures as established for all tasks, work both with and without supervision, communicate clearly and respectfully with other staff in a timely manner.
- Basic computer and math skills both with and without aid
- While we respect everyone’s time, it may be occasionally necessary that you are asked to cover shifts or work atypical hours from your normal shift, including evenings and weekends shifts.